May 7, 2016
Tim Challies has a thoughtful post here on what to do with books and other resources of leaders after they have fallen.
May 6, 2016
May 5, 2016
Leland Ryken in a recent volume on biblical narratives notes that there are six kinds of closing conventions in narratives.
- A brief recapitulation of the main action
- A summary of the immediate results of the action that has been narrated
- A summary of the long-term effects of the action
- An account of the fortunes that later befall one or more of the characters in the preceding story
- Some echo or reminder of what happened earlier, or the issue that began the plot
- Narrating the physical departure of one or more characters to a new place, thereby drawing a boundary around the preceding action
May 4, 2016
May 3, 2016
May 2, 2016
May 1, 2016
The free Logos Book for May is Why God Won't Go Away by Alister McGrath. You can also purchase Dawkins Delusion authored by McGrath and others for $1.99 and enter to win the ten-volume SPCK Alister McGrath Collection. For all these offers you can go to the Logos' Free Book of Month page here.