Eric Sowell on his Archaic Christianity blog has a practical list of questions about whether one should study Hebrew and Greek.
· How Much Longer Do You Plan On Living?
· Do You Want To Use The Better Tools?
· Have You Learned A Second Language Before?
· Can You Carve Out A Significant Portion Of Time, Work Hard, and Stay Focused?
· Do You See Value In More Direct Exposure To Scripture?
· Do You Want To Be Able To See Through The Translational Interpretive Grid Better?
· Do You Have Access to a Class?
· What Is Your Place in the Church?