Andy Nasselli has summarized a list by Dan Burrell, a former pastor, on ten things that your pastor probably wishes you knew about him. The ten are:
- Bible college and seminary weren’t enough.
- Good sermon preparation takes time.
- His family is important too.
- Be kind if you have a criticism.
- Give your pastor time to grow.
- Your pastor probably views you differently than you view him.
- Pastors sometimes find it difficult to have friendships.
- Your pastor may well be different out of the pulpit than when he’s in the pulpit and that doesn’t necessarily make him a hypocrite.
- Your pastor has bills too.
- Your pastor loves the work of the ministry.
These are all very apt descriptions of the range of emotion pastors experience. As a pastor of about 5 1/2 years now, I resonate with all of these. The pastoral life, though yields untold blessings, can be a very lonely life. Thank you for this post.
Your welcome. I truly appreciate all the faithful pastors out there.
Post a Comment