Jul 1, 2009
Top Ten Signs that You are Spending Too Much Time Doing Greek
Mark Lightman has the following top ten signs (from the b-Greek discussion group).
Top Ten Signs that You are Spending Too Much Time Doing Greek:
10. The ring tone on your cell phone is the “Song of Seikilos.”
9. You are more excited about them making UBS 5 than Godfather 4.
8. While eating waffles with your kids, you say to them λεγωμαι εγω. LEGWMAI EGW.
7. Your cats are named “Erasmus” and “Buth.”
6. When you get a “Dear John” letter, instead of being upset, you begin diagramming the sentences.
5. You’ve tried to translate “Egg McMuffin” into Koine.
4. You wonder if the 7th edition of L.S.J., before Jones replaced Drisler, was called the L.S.D.
3. Two words: spurious diphthongs.
2. Your favorite T.V. program is “That LXX’s Show.”
And the number one sign that you are spending too much time doing Greek:
1. When people tell you to stop writing Top Ten lists and get a life, you wonder if they mean BIOS or ZWH.
Posted by Charles Savelle at 8:37 AM
Labels: Biblical languages, Greek, Humor
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Great, could not stop laughing.
Post a Comment