See this article related to a Barna survey detailing the rise of Pentecostalism. Here are few bits from the article.
- 29 percent of those aged 26 to 44 are most likely to claim the Holy Spirit-filled identity compared to other age groups
- 26 percent of Protestants and 20 percent of Catholics identify as part of the charismatic or Pentecostal segment
- 56 percent of those aged 18 to 25 believe that the gifts, including speaking in tongues and healing, are active and valid today. But only7 percent in this group say they had ever spoken in tongues.
- 68 percent of those aged 18 to 25 believe that the third person of the Trinity is just “a symbol of God’s power or presence.”
- Young Charismatics are less likely to adopt their beliefs and practices based on deep, considered theological reflection.