BibleExposition.net exists to share ideas related to the exposition of God's Word and explore topics related to the Bible in general, theology (both biblical and systematic), archaeology, ministry, and life.
1. Eckhard J. Schnabel – On Commentary Writing 2. Stanley E. Porter – Linguistic competence of New Testament commentaries 3. Craig L. Blomberg – Genre in Recent New Testament Commentaries 4. Douglas J. Moo – Translation in New Testament Commentaries 5. Douglas S. Huffman – Historical Competence of New Testament Commentaries 6. Craig A. Evans – The Historical Jesus and New Testament Commentaries
Part II: Commentaries and the Hermeneutical Task
7. Richard S. Hess – The Use of the Old Testament in New Testament Commentaries 8. D. A. Carson – The Hermeneutical Competence of New Testament Commentaries 9. Daniel I. Block – Who do Commentators say “the Lord” is? The Scandalous Rock of Romans 10:13 10. David W. Pao – The Ethical Relevance of New Testament Commentaries: On the Reading of Romans 13:1-7 11. Robert W. Yarbrough – The Pastoral Relevance of Commentaries 12. Walter L. Liefeld – The Preaching Relevance of Commentaries 13. Scott M. Manetsch – (Re)constructing the Pastoral Office: Wolfgang Musculus’s Commentaries on 1 & 2 Corinthians
Part III: Commentaries and theology
14. Kevin J. Vanhoozer – Theological Commentary and ‘The Voice from Heaven’: Exegesis, Ontology, and the Travail of Biblical Interpretation 15. Daniel J. Treier – Christology and Commentaries: Examining and Enhancing Theological Exegesis 16. Linda L. Belleville– Christology, the Pastoral Epistles and Commentaries
Part IV: Commentaries on the Gospels, on the Epistles, and on Revelation
17. Darrell L. Bock – Commentaries on the Synoptic Gospels: Traditional Issues of Introduction 18. Stanley E. Porter – Commentaries on Romans 19. Scot McKnight ¬– Commentaries and James 20. Lois K. Fuller Dow – Commentaries on Revelation
Part V: Commentaries and publishers
21. Daniel G. Reid – Commentaries and Commentators from a Publisher’s Perspective
Maybe the kind Brill folks will see this and send me a copy of this volume but I doubt it!