Jan 15, 2010
I was asked recently for recommendations concerning texts to use for a New Testament course. My answer to this question spurred me to think and re-think the purposes of textbooks. Broadly speaking, textbooks of course should ultimately be used to further the objectives of the course at hand. More specifically, textbooks can/should (in no particular order):
1. Expose the learner to new information and ideas,
2. Expand the learner’s current knowledge of information and ideas,
3. Supplement the interaction in the classroom,
4. Support and reinforce classroom content,
5. Provide an alternative to the view(s) presented in the classroom,
6. Introduce the learner to further avenues of study.
Thoughts? Additions? Corrections?
Posted by Charles Savelle at 3:04 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment